Labyrinth: One-Day Grief Retreat for Teens
Donor Family Events
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Camp Wyman, Eureka, MO
Labyrinth is a one-day grief retreat for teens who have experienced the death of a loved one.
Grief is a complex emotion for anyone, but it’s especially so for teenagers.
- Are you often told to “be strong” for other family members?
- Do you put your own grief on hold?
- Are you feeling stunned and shocked if the death was sudden?
- Are you off-balance at school or at home?
- Do you feel your friends don’t understand how to handle the death?
If so, this one-day retreat will provide:
- ways to identify and express grief through special activities and sharing
- opportunities to remember the friend or family member who died
- tools to cope with the loss in the future
- an opportunity to meet other teens who may feel the same way
- a chance to make new friends
Labyrinth is held at Camp Wyman in Eureka, Mo. and offered at no charge to the participants. Labyrinth is made possible through the support of Magellan Health Services and Friends of Wings.