National Donate Life Month is a month-long observance throughout April, and we hope you’ll join us in celebrating this important time. NDLM, short for National Donate Life Month, is designed to help encourage Americans to register as organ, eye, and tissue donors and to celebrate those who have saved lives through the gift of donation.
While we typically would be getting ready for several community events, the coronavirus pandemic has caused us all to pause, wash our hands, stay six feet away from everyone, and spend a little more time on social media. So, we are focusing our attention on taking National Donate Life Month to social media this year!
Here are eight ways to participate:
1. Follow Mid-America Transplant. First and foremost, follow us! We are on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. When you like, comment and share on our posts, your friends see our post too. It’s an easy way to share how important National Donate Life Month is to you.
2. NDLM-Themed Social Media Cover Images and Profile Pictures. Visit Donate Life America’s National Donate Life Month webpage and download social media cover images and profile pictures to show your support of donation and transplantation. This is an easy way to reach all of your friends and contacts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. In the description of the image, include a link to SayYesGiveLife.org where all of your friends can join the registry.
3. Facebook Frame & Camera Effects. Find this beautiful option by clicking here! You can choose from the 2020 Donate Life Month garden theme or a Donate Life green band frame. Here's how to add it:
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/profilepicframes.
- Search for the frame by entering "Donate Life"
- Choose the frame you want to use and click Use as Profile Picture.
4. Share Your Story. We want to share at least one new story of a donor or recipient every day during National Donate Life Month! Do you have a personal connection to donation and/or transplantation? Share your story on our website by clicking here, and we may share your story and picture on our social media channels. You can inspire others to make a lifesaving, heroic decision to be an organ, eye and tissue donor.
5. Share the NDLM Artwork. When you visit Donate Life America’s website, you can download graphics for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts. Post those to your pages with information about the artwork and a call-to-action to join the registry at SayYesGiveLife.org!
6. Blue & Green Day is April 16th. Dress up in your best blue and green outfit for Blue & Green Day on Friday, April 16. Blue and/or green shirt? Check! Blue and green shoes? Check! Blue and green hair accessory? Check! Blue and green nail polish? Check! If it’s blue and/or green, wear it!
7. Get Creative. As we all try to keep our distance during the pandemic, here are a few ways to reach new people with the lifesaving message of organ, eye and tissue donation:
- Print the NDLM ad and hang it in a window
- Download, print and color the NDLM coloring sheet and hang it on your home’s door.
- Use sidewalk chalk to make the Donate Life logo near your home and share a picture of your artwork with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Have You Joined the Registry? And most important, if you haven’t done so yet, join the organ, eye and tissue donor registry by visiting SayYesGiveLife.org. Nearly 112,000 people are waiting for a lifesaving transplant. They’re counting on us to raise awareness about organ, eye and tissue donation to give them a second chance at life.
Wishing you a happy National Donate Life Month! Thank you for your support and your dedication to saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation!