Mid-America Transplant invites you and your students to experience our interactive education program. We will provide an engaging, hands-on learning event at your school that will spark your students' interest in the field of organ and tissue donation.
What to Expect
Our curriculum meets Missouri and Illinois state standards in health and sciences. It is designed for students in grades 9-12. The objectives of the education program are to:
- Provide students with the opportunity to learn about organ and tissue donation and transplantation.
- Allow students the opportunity to use critical thinking while addressing myths and misconceptions surrounding donation and transplantation.
- Allow students the opportunity to explore medical careers related to donation and transplantation.
- Provide supplemental lessons for health sciences.
- Identify organs, their functions and location.
- Personal Testimonies: Students hear from recipients and/or donor families.
- Cornea Blindness Glasses: This activity allows students to see through the eyes of someone with corneal blindness.
- Anatomy Sticker Sheet: Students learn the location and function of organs and tissues.
- Donation Debate: Students make conclusions about organ and tissue donation and support their stance with evidence.
- Donation Role Playing: Students discuss ethical situations related to organ and tissue donation.
Educational Field Trips
Field trips to Mid-America Transplant are a fun and free way to educate students about organ donation and career opportunities in healthcare. Student groups are invited to participate in free field trips to Mid-America Transplant’s state-of-the-art facility. Led by an expert from our team, presentations and tours are tailored to students in high school, nursing school, and other healthcare programs. Our program meets Missouri and Illinois state standards in health and sciences.
If you are interested in scheduling a field trip. Complete the form below or contact Sara Danner, Community Engagement Coordinator, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.