Mid-America Transplant invites you and your students to experience our virtual education program. We will provide an engaging, online learning event designed to spark your students' interest in the field of organ and tissue donation.
What to Expect
Our curriculum meets Missouri and Illinois state standards in health and sciences. It is designed for students in grades 9-12. The objectives of the education program are to:
- Provide students with the opportunity to learn about organ and tissue donation and transplantation.
- Allow students the opportunity to use critical thinking while addressing myths and misconceptions surrounding donation and transplantation.
- Allow students the opportunity to explore medical careers related to donation and transplantation.
- Provide supplemental lessons for health sciences.
- 24/7 Online Resources: Photos, videos, FAQs, and other resources available on the website to use at any time.
- 30-minute Live Zoom Presentation: Teachers can schedule a live Zoom presentation with a Mid-America Transplant educator at a time that works for their classes.
- Personal Testimonies: Students and teachers can read and/or listen to personal stories from recipients and/or donor families.
During this pandemic, we recognize that learning looks much different. We want to create an opportunity for you and your students to learn about organ and tissue donation in a way that best suits your needs. Our donation educators can:
- Provide information that can be distributed at your convenience.
- Schedule a live Zoom session that can be a full presentation, Q&A session, or customized to fit the teacher’s request.
- Or incorporate both to fit the lesson plan(s).
Make Your Reservation Today
Public Education & DMV Coordinator
Resources for You
Know the Facts. Click here to see some common misconceptions about donation, and to learn the true facts:
Organs that can be donated. Learn about the organs that are available for transplant, how they work and their transplant procedures:
Organ Recovery Center. Take a moment to see some of the clinical work that goes on at Mid-America Transplant.